The lightweight, compact Jetboil Sol stove features a fuel regulator for consistent heat-output whether you're camped out in the dead of winter or perched atop an alpine peak. The stove burner and cooking cup twist together just like the original Jetboil to create a single convenient cooking system; disconnect the burner and cooking cup for storage. The adjustable-flame burner is housed in a windscreen, reducing heat loss when a breeze blows through. The burner features a fuel regulator that maintains consistent flow of gas down to 20°F, making the Sol suitable for 4-season use.
The Jetboil Sol is the latest iteration of the Flash. There are three main differences between the Flash and the Sol. 1) The Sol uses a smaller 0.8 liter cup compared the the 1.0 liter cup on the Flash. 2) The Sol uses a new "Thermo Regulate" burner that gives "consistent heat down to 20°F." According to Jetboil it only boils water a little faster: the Sol boils 16 oz of water in 2:15 while the Flash takes 2:30. 3) The Sol weighs 3.5 oz less than the Flash. Considering most of this weight savings comes from a 20% smaller cup, which is a small improvement that could add up for long one or two person trips.
The bottom cover unsnaps from the cooking cup to double as a measuring cup or bowl; measuring cup comes in handy when preparing meals and hot drinks. Includes a pot support and a stabilizer tripod for use when cooking with pots and pans (sold separately); stabilizer tripod clips onto fuel canister (sold separately). The cozy has a heat-indicating display so you know when water is hot without having to peek inside. When the indicator starts to turn orange you know your water is getting warm and will be boiling before long. The drink-through lid features a pour spout and a built-in strainer.
If boiling water is your primary goal the SOL is fantastic. Boiling food and drinks, such as pastas, rice, coffee, hot chocolate, etc., is easy, but the heat output is intense and achieving a simmer may be difficult. Works great at all altitudes, but, like most canister stoves, when temperatures dip below freezing the gas is difficult to pressurize and you may be better off with the MSR WhisperLite Universal. The Sol is best at boiling water for two or less, while the WhisperLite creates culinary delights for larger groups.
- FluxRing heat exchanger on the bottom of the cooking cup creates excellent fuel efficiency
- Includes a 0.8L aluminum FluxRing cooking cup with insulating cozy
- Push-button piezo igniter sparks the stove to life quickly and easily
- Stove burner and 100g fuel canister (sold separately) stow inside the cup; lid snaps shut for storage
- Since the capacity is less than 1L, the average boil time specification represents the time required to do 2 separate boils of 0.5L of water
- Sol stove is compatible with all Jetboil accessories, sold separately; Sol companion cups can be purchased separately
- Due to flammable item shipping restrictions, we cannot sell fuel canisters online
Customers who bought this also bought:
Delta Gear Canteen Kit
The Delta Gear Canteen Kit is the most versatile, compact, easy to carry, cookware/hydration system on the market. Every component of the Canteen Kit is made in the USA.