The "Swiss Army knife" of stoves won Backpacker Magazine's 2012 Editor's Choice Award. The MSR Whisperlite Universal is the successor to the enormously popular Whisperlite Internationale stove. Three proprietary jets are included with the stove, each using the same Shaker Jet technology for ease in clearing the jet, if even needed. Each jet is deeply stamped, and so it's easy to tell which jet goes with which fuel.
Also new, is a special metal adapter that screws directly into a regular gas cartridges, which is swapped with another adapter for use with the new MSR pump and liquid fuels. Aluminum mixer tube, stainless-steel legs and a smart design keep the weight down.
- Burns Coleman fuel, white gas, unleaded auto gas, kerosene, butane, isobutane, and propane
- Three proprietary Shaker Jets makes cleaning in the field as simple as shaking the stove
- Simple, durable design based on over 20 years of proven performance in the field
- Unique ability to burn inverted canister for better cold weather performance and more consistent output over the life of each canister
- Boils 1 liter of water in only 3 min. 30 sec. when using white gas and 3 min. 45 sec. when using an isobutane-propane canister
- Folds small and packs into most MSR pots
- Also includes a fuel pump, windscreen, heat reflector, small-parts kit, instructions and storage sack
Customers who bought this also bought:
Sea to Summit AlphaLight Spork
The Sea to Summit AlphaLight Spork is made with a durable hard-anodized 7075-T6 aircraft grade aluminum combined with a sleek-yet-strong shape to create an extremely lightweight utensil at a surprisingly affordable price.