The Kelty Military Assault Pack (MAP) 3500 was prompted by Special Operations Forces' (SOF) need for a new and improved assault pack. Designed and engineered directly from military end-user input and feedback, the MAP 3500 has become a commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) solution for a sturdy and functional Military Assault Pack. The Kelty MAP 3500 Three Day Assault Pack has been the preferred Military Assault Pack of the US Navy SEALs for the past 6 years due to its rugged construction and superior design.
To achieve a great fit, your goal is to have 80% to 90% of the load weight resting on your hips. To achieve this, start by putting about 10 to 15 lbs. of weight into the pack to simulate a loaded pack. Follow the steps below in front of a mirror. Get a friend to help if possible. Check the padded sections of the hipbelt to make sure they wrap around your hips comfortably. Keep at least 1" of clearance on either side of the center buckle. Shoulder straps should fit closely and wrap over and around your shoulder, holding the pack body against your back. They should NOT be carrying the weight. The shoulder strap anchor points should be 1" to 2" inches below the top of your shoulders. Load-lifter straps are located just below the tops of your shoulders (near your collarbones) and should angle back toward the pack body at a 45-degree angle. Buckle the sternum strap and tighten until the shoulder straps are pulled in comfortably from your shoulders, allowing your arms to move freely. Go back to the shoulder straps and carefully take a bit of tension off of them. Now you're ready to go!
- Waist belt with Scherer cinch system
- Waist belt tuck-away feature
- Adjustable sternum strap
- Internal suspension, two fit to form Light-Beam stay rods
- Large main compartment and two exterior zippered pockets
- Side mesh pockets (fit 1 quart water bottles each side)
- Hydration port has snap-on, top-flap closure
- Hydration port at top of pack allows for drink tube over either shoulder
- 210d ripstop nylon interior hydration pouch, supports up to 100 oz. bladder
- Exterior cargo pocket with admin organizer and fleece eyewear pocket
- Fully adjustable (removable/replaceable) shoulder straps
- 420d HD nylon Oxford mesh back panel and shoulder straps
- 420 gram nylon Airmesh EVA foam back panel and shoulder straps
- 500 denier nylon Kodra construction, double stitched
Customers who bought this also bought:
Delta Gear Canteen Kit
The Delta Gear Canteen Kit is the most versatile, compact, easy to carry, cookware/hydration system on the market. Every component of the Canteen Kit is made in the USA.