Tired of the same camera angles, and ready to take your videos to the next level? The Extension Bar can be used on your helmet to get a shot either over your back or across your belly. Mount it to your helmet or to the tip of your toe. The GoPro Extension Bar is used in combination with the Low-Pro Mount and GoPro Extension Links. Our Extension Bars have extremely tight fitting tolerances, which will prevent the bar and camera from moving during deployment.
WARNING: This product is intended for skydivers with more than 300 jumps, and at least 100 wingsuit jumps. The Extension Bar is a hazard for canopy entanglements, and should be jumped with a robust cut-away system. Use at your own risk. DO NOT use Nylon break-away screws on your Low-Pro Mount when using the Extension Bar.
You can see in this video that mounting cameras at a raised viewpoint, where lines and bridle pass during deployment, is extremely dangerous and can result in a life-threatening entanglement. Care should be taken when mounting these accessories and during deployment to avoid such a scenario. Please, USE A CUTAWAY if you jump one of these configurations.
- Mount the Low-Pro Mount to your helmet.
- Work the bar into place after you attach the Low-Pro Mount to the helmet. The fit is so tight that small aluminum particles may come out while you work it. You can use a mallet, but its not necessary. Use a muscle. Its better.
- Use the screws and nuts that came with your GoPro. You have to tighten it with a Philips head screwdriver. It MUST be MORE than hand-tight or the mount may swing down and hit you in the face and you will lose your shot.
- Using the LCD BackPak will help you get your shot dialed in faster, but DO NOT jump with it since it only adds weight to an already large moment arm.
- You're done. It takes some extra work to get the sweet shots, but its worth it.
- Item #68100 7 inch
- Material: Aluminum
- Weight: 64 g
- In stock / $99.95
Customers who bought this also bought:
GoPro Extension Links
Tired of the plastic GoPro links breaking right before you exit the plane or once you reach an exit point after hiking all day up a mountain? GoPro Extension Links are used in combination with the Low-Pro Mount and GoPro Extension Bar.
GoPro Low-Pro Mount
The GoPro Low-Pro Mount is not only cooler looking, but it is also safer. When Skydiving, the low-profile will help protect against pilot chute entanglements and riser strikes. The lower profile will help prevent knocking the camera while exiting a plane, and ensure you always get the perfect shot.